Search Engine Optimisation or SEO as it can be called – this is sometimes called a black art, but in fact it can be as simple as being logical. Web Squared do not offer Search Engine Optimisation Services as they are generally time consuming and take many months to give results, whilst we create and designs websites with all good SEO practices if you need to get the #1 in Google then we can offer you contacts for SEO companies that are good at what they do – and give results.
Search Engine Optimisation Top Tips
Below is a list of a few top tips though that can help get you better rankings in the search engines and a few that you should NOT do – in case you end up getting black listed! Be warned against anyone asking you to do these.
- Keywords or keyphrases – do a search on your competition and see what search terms you need to use to get them – try to get a list of 10 keywords or keyphrases pertinent to your business – and remember more specific the better!
- Using those keywords above – make sure that you have them in your page text around 3 times for every 300 words, usually once as a heading and twice in the normal text. Don’t over do it though!
- Every page has a title tag (this is what you see at the very top of your browser window – usually followed by “Internet Explorer/Chrome/Firefox”) this should be different for every page, and specific for every page too
- Your keywords will probably have a page that its more suited too – so ECOMMERCE would belong to our Ecommerce page, check the text for each page and ensure that you have used that keyword or keyphrase on that page again at least 3 times per 300 words.
- Links – this one is tough as many search engines have got a bit tough over links – so link correctly – link to site sthat give your reader value don’t link to sites just because…
- Images – they are great on a website but make sure that the image name is descriptive or at least ensure that you have “alt” attributes for each image (this means when you position your mouse over an image you see a tooltip pop up)
- Submit your site to search engines – most will have free submission pages – Google search to find them
- Change your content, search engines like anyone else like to see fresh content – the more you change it the better it gets – wordpress blog anyone!?
- Don’t write white text on a white background to increase the amount of text on a page
- Don’t create doorway pages which are full of links to every page on your site
- Don’t keep submitting your site to the search engines – do this once only
- Don’t create your site with images only – it might look good but search engines cannot read them
Don’t forget that most search engines also offer pay-per-click campaigns too – but again the more specific the better!
Using these few tips you will get better and higher rankings from your website.