Spam, hacks, spoofing, phishing its all a bit of a mind field really!
We have a lot of software now to protect us from email spam, viruses and the like but often it comes down to the user – how do YOU know what is what .. some of these emails can look very very correct and official
One has just popped into my account that I KNOW someone fell for – don’t be like them! Even after clearing out the emails it probably took a week before everything went back to normal.. yeah fun .. not!
So take a look at the attached and if you see ANYTHING at all like that then DELETE IT, BIN IT, IGNORE IT
And if you DO click on anything stop – run a virus scanner and call your IT person that looks after your emails
A very good rule of thumb though is..
- Make sure you have anti virus and email scanner installed
- Make sure that software is up to date
- If you are not sure – don’t click on anything and forward or contact your IT person
- Never open ANY attachment within email – always always download it to your PC first
- If you do fall for a spam email – then don’t try to resolve it yourself online – that can often make things worse!
- Be vigilant and be sensible – check for poor spelling and grammar
- Check the sender email address – if you don’t know it – bin it!
- Oh and if it’s too good to be true- it usually is!
- And if someone is asking for money in an email and you don’t know them – do not pay it!
Here’s to happy emails and getting rid of spam!