Ecommerce is a great thing – it means you can shop from the comfort of your own home at your own time. Whilst you might not get the personal 1-2-1 services from some shops – buying online lets your product get to SO many more people!
You must get it right! next time you buy something online – or maybe decided not too – think why? Why did you not buy from X website but you did buy from Y? Those are the things that make an ecommerce website good rather than bad. Customers get bored, get frustrated and they don’t know your products like you do! So you make your website
- Easy to navigate
- Quick to navigate – not too many clicks
- Obvious on where to find things
- Search facility in case you are not sure what you are looking for
- A site map to jump straight to what you want
All of these things make your customers’ shopping experience better, the better the experience the more they will come back – the more they will tell others!
What’s in it for you?
Money – no really the better the site works the more orders you get BUT the added extras are what counts too, here are just some of the standard items we use for online stores – all from a click of a button!
- You can edit every product item, you can hide product items, you can copy product items and duplicate them,
- You can easily create new categories and products on the fly,
- You can also apply sales across the board or per category or per item. Each sale is given a start and end date therefore allowing you to set it up prior to a sale and then it starting automatically,
- View statistics for orders, products and customers,
- View all customer details,
- Enable stock levels on each items so that are automatically displayed as “out of stock” when limit reached. You can also be emailed when low stock levels are approaching,
- Also multiple currencies are available, GBP and also Euro again by a simple button click,
- The following reports are available at a click of a button – products viewed, products purchased, customer order totals and low stock items,
and if that’s not enough here are just some of the modules you can “add on”
- Various postage, packaging and shipping charges,
- Item of the week, most popular item, What’s new, best sellers, featured items, tell a friend,
- Reviews on items,
- Gift vouchers,
- Banners for advertising manager,
- Newsletters and email lists,
- List of all customers,
- List of all orders,
- Limit the max/min quantity requirement for purchase,
- Allow the shop to only display prices to logged in customers,
- Links manager,
- News manager,
- Printed price list,
- Wish list,
- Customer loyalty scheme,
- Bulletin board or forum.
and much much more…
To set up an ecommerce website your server must have PHP and MySQL, see hosting for more details.